Texas A&M is a MILITARY FRIENDLY University
You can seek a Commission as a Naval Officer in our program even if you are already a sophomore or junior!
High School Seniors: NROTC 4-year Scholarships
The United States Navy and Marine Corps offer outstanding high school students the opportunity to seek a commission in the Navy or Marine Corps through our rigorous and rewarding NROTC program. The Texas A&M Corps of Cadets coupled with our NROTC unit has long been considered one of the top leadership training grounds in the world. You could be a part of it! Scholarships are awarded competitively each year through the Chief of Naval Education and Training (CNET) and are available to you! If you have excelled in academics, athletics, extra-curricular activities, held leadership positions, and desire to be an officer in the Navy or Marine Corps, you are exactly the kind of person we are looking for!
- Benefits include tuition, books, required fees, uniforms, and a monthly stipend. See our FAQ section for more specifics.
- Scholarship Midshipmen take part in 4 to 6 week cruises each summer aboard ships, submarines, aviation squadrons and Marine Corps units around the world.
- Call 1-800-USA-NAVY or go to the Navy Website to apply.
- Deadline is January 15th of your senior year. Applying early will increase your opportunity for selection.
- Contact our Scholarships Officer for more information.
- If awarded a NROTC 4-year scholarship to TAMU, you may also compete for the Corps of Cadets $2,400 Sull Ross Scholarship, $8,000 Commandant’s Award, and $10,000 General Rudder corps Scholarship.
Important Application Reminders
- The deadline for submitting applications for admission to Texas A&M University comes early, usually December 1st.. Do not wait until the last minute to apply. Apply as early as possible online at http://www.applytexas.org.
- When you are ready to take the SAT or ACT, assure that you also take the writing component of the tests. Do not let anyone tell you that they are not required.
- If you are awarded a 4-yr scholarship you will pay tuition and fees at the in-state resident rate.
- Assure that your High School transcripts include a class ranking.
- At a minimum, apply to your top 3 school choices that you submit with your scholarship application. Sometimes, you are awarded a scholarship to a 2nd or 3rd option school, and you need to be prepared for that scenario.
NROTC 2- and 3-Year Scholarships
Texas A&M Freshmen and Sophomores may seek 2-year and 3-year scholarships through the NROTC unit. This is a great opportunity! As a non-scholarship freshman or sophomore in the Corps of Cadets, you get the opportunity to take Naval Science classes, participate in leadership training exercises, and get a first hand look at what it means to be an officer in the United States Marine Corps or Navy. You have the opportunity to apply your freshman year for a 3-year scholarship and your sophomore year for a 2-year scholarship. Applicants with high grades and successful completion of Calculus possess the highest chance of being selected. Any interested Cadet should contact his military advisor or Naval Science instructor.
- Benefits include tuition, books, required fees, uniforms, and a monthly stipend.
- Scholarship Midshipmen take part in 4-to-6-week cruises each summer aboard ships, submarines, aviation squadrons and Marine Corps units around the world.
- Contact Scholarships Officer for more information.