College Program – Marine Corps
To be competitive for the 2- or 3-year NROTC scholarship, you must complete a Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and have a competitive score. You should aim for as high of a PFT score as possible, and maintain at least a GPA of 3.0. You can find the PFT standards and scoring here. For a workout plan to help you prepare for the PFT, click here.
If you are interested in obtaining a scholarship as a Marine option and becoming a Marine, contact the Marine Option College Program officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The below documents were for Spring 2023 and are left as references for what you should be expecting.
Important Documents (These can also be found in your NSC packet):
Welcome Aboard Letter Fall 2023
NROTC Student Information Sheet
College Programmer Application
Voluntary Waiver for Release of Student Information
Capt Quandt: email@example.com
Capt Getter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sending Documents Online
As an alternative to sending the documents back through the mail, you may send them back to the NROTC via filex through Texas A&M. Filex allows you to securely transfer your files. If you opt to do this, follow the following steps:
- Scan all of your documents into a single .pdf file.
- Go to: https://filex.tamu.edu/ and click “Get Started with Filex.”
- Login to Texas A&M Central Authentication Service with your NetID/Email Address and Password.
- Click “Start Sending with Filex.”
- Title the folder “NROTC Documents” and then click “Next.”
- Click “Browse” and select the file you would like to attach.
- Select “Encrypt this file” and make sure the options of “Allow recipients to decrypt when decoding” and “Send me an email with the code for decrypting the file” are checked, then click “Next.”
- Write down the File Access Code
- When all files have been uploaded, click “Continue.”
- Enter the recipient’s email address: email@example.com
- Choose the permission “can download.”
- Select “Complete.”
- Forward all File Access Codes to: firstname.lastname@example.org