The United States Navy and Marine Corps offer outstanding high school students the opportunity to seek a commission in the Navy or Marine Corps through our rigorous and rewarding NROTC program. The Texas A&M Corps of Cadets coupled with our NROTC unit has long been considered one of the top leadership training grounds in the world. You could be a part of it! Scholarships are awarded competitively each year through the Chief of Naval Education and Training (CNET) and are available to you!
– Benefits include tuition, books, required fees, uniforms, and a monthly stipend. See our FAQ section for more specifics.
– Scholarship Midshipmen take part in 4 to 6 week cruises each summer aboard ships, submarines, aviation squadrons and Marine Corps units around the world.
– Deadline is December 31st of your senior year. Applying early will increase your opportunity for selection.
– If awarded a NROTC 4-year scholarship to TAMU, you may also compete for the Corps of Cadets $2,400 Sull Ross Scholarship, $8,000 Commandant’s Award, and $10,000 General Rudder corps Scholarship.
Schedule an Interview
After you have completed your 4-Year National Scholarship application you may contact an NROTC Instructor and request an interview. Preferably you should visit your prospective NROTC Instructor in person for the interview. You may also conduct your interview with your closest NROTC unit (even if it is not your preferred University). As a last resort you may schedule a Skype interview with your instructor. Interviews are normally conducted Monday-Friday 0800-1600.
***Initial blackout dates for interviews:
Aug 15th 2019
Nov 25th – 29th 2019
Dec 15th – Jan 3rd 2019
Texas A&M NROTC Navy Officer Instructor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marine Options will schedule an interview with their local Marine Recruiter.
- How do I get an NROTC Scholarship Application Form?
- What are the eligibility requirements for an NROTC Scholarship?
- What are the minimum academic requirements to be considered for an NROTC Scholarship?
- What does the NROTC Scholarship pay for?
- What does the NROTC Scholarship not pay for?
- When is the scholarship application deadline?
- When will I find out if I received an NROTC scholarship?
1. How do I get an NROTC Scholarship Application Form?
The quickest way to get information on NROTC Scholarships and begin the application process is to log on to http://www.nrotc.navy.mil/.
2. What are the eligibility requirements for an NROTC Scholarship?
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be 17 years old by Sept. 1 of the first year of college and younger than 27 on June 30 of the year in which you are eligible for graduation and commissioned status. An age waiver may be granted for prior active military service.
- Be a high school graduate or possess equivalency certificates by Aug. 1 of the same year that entrance into the four-year NROTC Program is anticipated.
- Be physically qualified Navy or Marine Corps standards.
- Have no moral obligations or personal convictions that will prevent conscientious bearing of arms and supporting the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic.
- Apply for and gain admission to NROTC colleges. (Admission to an NROTC institution is not required during the selection process.) However, notification of admission must be received before the scholarship can be activated.
- Achieve qualifying scores on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT).
3. What are the minimum academic requirements to be considered for an NROTC Scholarship?
4. What does the NROTC Scholarship pay for?
The Scholarship pays for the following:
- Tuition and school/class related fees.
- Book stipend. This amounts to $375 a semester. For several majors, this will pay for most books. For others, like engineering, it may not cover all your books.
- Uniforms. Both Corps of Cadet and Midshipman uniforms.
- Monthly allowance. All scholarship students will receive $250 a month. This allowance increases by $50 each year.
- Summer training pay(approx. $750.00/month).
5. What does the NROTC Scholarship not pay for?
6. When is the scholarship application deadline?
Applications may be submitted from 1 April until 31 December of the following year. Completed applications will be processed as they are received. Notifications of early selection will begin in September.
• 1 April – online application opens
• 31 Dec 2019 – online application closes
• 31 Jan 2020 – deadline to submit update material for previously processed application
• 15 Feb 2020 – deadline for NRD to have all completed packages in the mail to NSTC
7. When will I find out if I received an NROTC scholarship?